BURGERS: Fig Balsamic Burgers with Garlic Caramelized Onions
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Fig Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fine ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, balsamic vinegar, mustard and spices until just combined. Divide into 4 sections and then patty into 1/2“ thick burgers.
- In a medium skillet, heat garlic olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sprinkle with salt. Sautee’, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and golden brown, usually about 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill patties 3-4 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness.
- Remove burgers and serve immediately with caramelized onions. Can be served on a toasted bun or a bed of mixed greens and topped with additional condiments as desired.