BAGELS: Yogurt Bagels
- 1 cup flour (or a mix of whole wheat and all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon himalyan or sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1+ tablespoons Butter (flavor) Olive Oil
- Crescent Olive's Spicewalla Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 3750F.
- Line a baking cookie sheet/pan with parchment paper OR use a stoneware cookie sheet/pan; grease with Butter Flavor Olive Oil.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add yogurt and mix with a fork; the mixture should look crumbly.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until tacky but not sticky.
- Roll into a log, then half the log creating 2 logs. Repeat again with both logs for a total of 4 logs. Ensure logs are the same length.
- For each log, join the ends to form the bagel. Place the bagels on the prepared cookie sheet/pan.
- Brush the bagels with the beaten egg, and sprinkle with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the middle of the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
NOTE: Bagels can be frozen after baking! Just allow them to thaw to room temperature overnight.