SUNDAE: Chocolate Balsamic & Cherry Sundae
Desserts & Other Goodies
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 4 teaspoons Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries, cinnamon stick, sugar and corn starch until sugar starts to melt - about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and Dark Chocolate Balsamic; bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the wine & balsamic have reduced and appear slightly thickened - about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into bowls and top with the warm cherries, wine and chocolate balsamic sauce.