MOUSSE: Blood Orange & Bourbon Chocolate Mousse
Desserts & Other Goodies
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cloisters Bourbon Honey (available at The Crescent Olive)
- 2 egg whites
- Melt the chocolate over a double broiler, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar on high speed until well combined. Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, and continue to mix at a medium speed. Once the olive oil has been incorporated, add the the honey and melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- In another large bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Spoon mixture into individual bowls and refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours, or until set. Serve chilled with desired toppings.