COOKIE: Blood Orange Italian-Style Cookies
Desserts & Other Goodies
- 3 cups unbleached organic flour
- 2 cups granulated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 finely grated orange peels
- 1 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 large room-temperature eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat over to 3500 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, Blood Orange Olive Oil, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and eggs. Beat on medium speed until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and remaining dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions beating in between additions until no dry spots remain.
- Pipe the cookie dough using a pastry bag fitted with a star shaped pastry, portioning approximately two teaspoons of dough per cookie, onto a parchment lined cookie sheet pan. Alternatively, use two spoons to drop batter onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes at 3500 F. Increase the heat to 4250 F and bake for an additional 2 minutes to aid in creating a golden brown exterior.
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool. Repeat above steps with the remainder of the dough. When cookies are fully cooled, dust with powdered sugar.