CHEESECAKE: No-Bake Cheesecake
Desserts & Other Goodies
Recipe compliements of:
Heather Blake, OTR/L
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
- 1 cup packed, pitted dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 pinch salt
- * 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, quick soaked
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener honey, maple syrup
- ** 1/4 cup Raspberry Balsamic
Prepare the Tray:
You may use regular sized muffin trays (12 servings) or miniature sized (mini is preferred, so it makes 24).
Cut strips of parchment paper to put in each muffin containter so that a little tab appears on each side to easily lift cheesecakes out when frozen.
To Make the Crust:
- Place walnuts in food processor. Pulse until coarse nut meal forms. Remove and set aside.
- Place dates in food processor. Pulse until small chunks form.
- Return walnut meal to food processor, add a pinch of salt, and process until well combined.
- Place a small amount of crust into each muffin container, pressing down firmly with your fingers.
Prepare the filling:
- Add all ingredients to the food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour filling into each cup until full.
- Cover tray with plastic wrap and freeze 4-6 hours, or overnight.
Prepare the Reduction:
Pour balsamic into small saucepan. Gently simmer for 15-20 minutes, until reduced by about half and a little thicker. Remove from heat; let cool.
When you're ready to serve, remove cheesecakes from freezer; use a spoon to drizzle reduction on top of each cheesecake. They can be re-frozen or served immediately!
* Quick soak for cashews: Put cashews in large bowl. Pour boiling water over cashews covering with 1-2 inches. Let sit for at least one hour. Before using, drain cashews and rinse.
** Balsamic: Any of the Balsamic Vinegar Condimentos we carry may be used. So, choose your favorite and enjoy!