CAKE: Chocolate Balsamic Cake with Irish Cream Glaze
Desserts & Other Goodies
Recipe from our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup MILD Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Butter (flavor) Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/3 cup Irish Cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- drizzle with Raspberry Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 375oF. Grease two 8-inch cake pans.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. In a small bowl, beat the oil, eggs, and Dark Chocolate Balsamic together. Add the liquid to the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Transfer the batter the well-greased cake pans and bake about 10-12 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, Irish Cream, and powdered sugar using an electric mixer.
- Turn one of the cook cakes onto a plate or platter. Pour about 1/3 of the glaze mixture to the top of the first cake and spread to cover evenly. Turn the second cake on top of the glaze. Finally pour the remaining glaze on top of the cake and spread until it runs over the sides.
- Allow the cake and glaze to set at least 15 minutes before serving, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
OPTIONAL: Drizzle with Raspberry Balsamic - yummy!