BROWNIES: Homemade Brownies with Tangerine Ganache
Desserts & Other Goodies
- 1/2 cup Butter (flavor) Olive Oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened high-quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 9 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Tangerine Balsamic
- 2" long strip of tangerine zest
- pinch of kosher salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375oF; grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil, sugar, and vanilla; beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. If desired, stir in the walnuts (optional).
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan.
- Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
- Place the chocolate into a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, salt, and tangerine zest; bring just to a bare simmer, watching very carefully (if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot and scorch).
- When the cream has come to a simmer, remove the zest; pour over the chopped chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in the Tangerine Balsamic.
- Allow the ganache to cool, looking for a spreadable consistency before frosting the brownies. Start at the center of the brownies and work outward.