SAUCE: Balsamic BBQ Sauce
Condiments and Sauces
This is great on everything - chicken, ribs, burgers...you name it!
You choose, and enjoy!!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Baklouti (HOT!) Olive Oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (mild or spicy)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne (optional - for more heat!)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the Baklouti Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, brown sugar, Neapolitan Balsamic Vinegar, mustard, granulated garlic, smoke paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper (optional) and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, approximately 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer sauce to the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
NOTE: Makes approximately 3 cups