SALSA: Sweet & Savory Salsa
Condiments and Sauces
From our friend, Rebekah Fedrowitz, MHN
Holistic Nutrition Consultant & Food Blogger
- 1 pound firm tomatoes, halved (recommended: Roma tomatoes)
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Balsamic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds or until desire consistency is reached. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
NOTE: This recipe makes a medium-heat salsa.
- For a spicer salsa, add a pinch of ground cayenne pepper or an additional jalapeno.
- For a more mild salsa, reduce to half of a jalapeno and add green bell pepper.