PEANUT BUTTER: Peanut Butter with EVOO
Condiments and Sauces
Peanut butter is a pantry staple for most folks. If you have kids, chances are you have a few jars stashed in the cupboard. What many people don't know is that the average name brand of peanut butter containes loads of dangerous hydrogenated fats, sodium, and sugar.
This recipe is developed using Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we like the higher phenol count, so go ahead and use your favorite). When the right olive oil is used for this recipe, it's flavor takes a back seat to the rich flavor of roasted peanuts. You will be hard pressed to detect it, and your heart will thank you for the change.
- 2 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup Chiquitita [Nov 2021] (Portugal)
- Place peanuts in jar of blender. Add the salt and sugar, if using. Pour the Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the peanuts and wait approximately 30 seconds to allow the oil to flow to the bottom of the jar.
- Turn the blender on high and process until the desired level of creaminess (or up to two minutes for super creamy peanut buter). NOTE: It may be necessary to turn off the blender a few times and scrape down the sides of the blender jar.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
*Makes 1 1/2 cups of natural peanut butter.