MARMALADE: Cranberry Marmalade
Condiments and Sauces
- 2 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 cup sliced onion loosely packed (about one half onion)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Balsamic
- 1/4 freshly-squeezed orange juice
- Heat the Blood Orange Olive Oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, and a few turns of black pepper. Sauté until the onion is caramelized about 15 minutes.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, Pomegranate Balsamic, and orange juice. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the sauce is jam-like in consistency, about 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cool; transfer to a container; cover and refrigerate up to one week.