AIOLI: Chipotle-Lime Aioli
Condiments and Sauces
This condiment is fabulous on coleslaw, sandwiches, hamburgers, egg salad sandwiches... basically anything!
- 1 cup Chipotle Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature**
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In the bowl or a food processor or blender, add the egg yolks, salt, garlic, and lime juice. Process until well combined.
- VERY SLOWLY, drop by drop, begin to drizzle in Chipotle Olive Oil while the machine is running. Extreme patience must be taken with this slow process, as too much olive oil poured in at once will cause the sauce to break.
- Once the olive oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove the aioli to a sealed container and refrigerate.
**This recipe contains raw egg yolks. If you have a compromised immune system, you can use pasteurized eggs for this recipe.
NOTE: Makes 1 1/4 cups of aioli.