TOMATOES: Fried Green Tomatoes (with Baklouti Olive Oil)
- 2 large green tomatoes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups of panko
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Baklouti (HOT!) Olive Oil
- Slice the green tomatoes 1/2 inch thickness.
- Whisk flour and salt together in a bowl; in a separate (second) bowl, whisk the eggs and milk; in a third bowl, add the panko.
- Mix Tuscan Herb and Chipotle Olive Oils in a saute pan and turn heat to medium-high
- Dredge each tomato slice in (1) flour, then (2) egg mixture, and finally (3) panko.
- Place in saute pan turning until golden 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of dip or salsa.
NOTE: Desire less heat? Replace the Baklouti Olive Oil with our Chipotle Olive Oil.