SALAD: Summer Peach Caprese Salad
Recipe compliments of
Veronica Foods Company
- 8 ounces good quality whole milk ricotta
- 1 large ripe peach, halved and sliced in 1/4" slices (about 8-10 slices)
- 1/4 cup fresh torn basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Peach Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons Picual [May 2022] (Chile)
- A sprinkle of sea salt, to taste
- A sprinkle of freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Arrange the sliced peaches on a platter sandwiching one tablespoon of ricotta between the slices, "accordian" style. Season each layer with a tiny sprinkle of sea salt.
- Whisk the Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Peach White Balsamic Vinegar creating a vinaigrette; drizzle over the peach salad.
- Adjust seasoning and optionally add fresh ground pepper followed by a scattering of fresh torn basil leaves.