SALAD: Caprese Salad w/Cilantro Pesto & Lavender Balsamic
- Cilantro Pesto
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed, washed, and dried
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 green onions, white portion only, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, ribs discarded, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup Favolosa [May 2022] (Chile)
- juice from 2 small limes, about 1 tablespoon
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Caprese Salad
- 1/4 cup Lavender Balsamic
- fresh basil
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1-2 beef, heirloom (or your favorite) tomatoes, sliced
- cilantro pesto
- Place all of the pesto ingredients into a blender or a food processor. Pulse until no large chunks remain, and the sauce is pitted. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Arrange the tomato slices, mozzarella, and basil.
- Drizzle Cilantro Pesto and Lavender Balsamic.