PECANS: Maple-Balsamic Spiced Pecans
Recipe compliments of our friend,
Rebekah Fedrowitz, MDN, BCHN
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition,
Integrative Health Speaker & Writer
- 1/3 cup Maple Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil, then reduce the heat until it is simmering. Allow to simmer, uncovered, for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by 1/3 to 1/2 the total volume and is a thicker consistency.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the reduced Maple Balsamic, salt, and cinnamon. Add the pecans and toss well to coat.
- Spread the pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring once around the 10-15-minute mark. Transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and let cool. When cool enough to handle, break apart the pecans.
NOTE: Ovens vary; watch closely to ensure pecans don't burn.