HUMMUS: Boiled Peanut Hummus
Recipe compliments of
Ramone Dickerson of 2 Fat 2 Fly.
Featured recipe for Fork & Goal
2016 USC Gamecocks vs. Georgia Bulldogs.
- 2 cups boiled peanuts, shelled
- 3 to 4 taplespoons minced garlic (depending on your preference)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup Harissa Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- water (optional)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- 4 pieces bacon, fried and chopped (optional)
- Place boiled and shelled peanuts, garlic, and cumin in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to mix.
- Add Harissa Olive Oil and Sicilian Lemon Balsamic and process to the desired thickness (add water if you desire a thin humus). Season with kosher salt.
- Place humus in a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and fried bacon.
NOTE: Makes about 2 cups.
Serve with chopped vegetables, such as carrots, celery, and bell peppers or roasted okra or pita chips.