DIP: Creamy Bean Dip
- 2 tablespoons (extra for drizzle) Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Melgarejo Picual [Nov.2022] (Spain)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 medium escarole (or kale), hand torn
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- fresh lemon juice from 1/2 small lemon
- crackers and/or veggies for serving
- Combine both Olive Oils, heat in a large saute pan over low heat; add the garlic and continue to saute until garlic starts to soften (approx. 1 minute).
- Add escarole (or kale) and saute on medium heat until wilted.
- Stir in the white wine, 1/2 cup of water, cannellini beans, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rosemary and cook until most of the liquid is reduced. Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a food processor (or a blender), blend until smooth; consistency should be similar to spinach dip.
- Place dip in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When serving, season dip with lemon juice, salt to taste, and drizzle with some Tuscan Herb Olive Oil. Serve with crackers and/or veggies to dip.