CROSTINIS: Asparagus Crostinis
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 4 tablespoons Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette cut into 12 1/2 inch slices
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into 12 slices
- pepper flakes – optional
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Cut the asparagus tips into 2-inch lengths.
- Place asparagus tips in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan lined with
parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive
Oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15
minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking
sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Top each slice gouda cheese and asparagus. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the
heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.