BRUSCHETTA: Savory Tuscan Herb Bruschetta
Recipe compliments of :
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
- 1/3 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- dash pepper
- 3 organic tomatoes
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- Roast the garlic: Cut off the top of the garlic so all cloves are exposed. Drizzle Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and rub to cover entire head. Wrap in foil, bake at 375oF for 35-45 minutes, until soft.
- Make the marinade: Combine all marinade ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes: Cut out tomato stem, slice tomato in half, then cut into wedges. Remove seeds and flesh. Dice tomato, add to marinade, and cover. Let sit in refrigerator for 12-24 hours or on the kitchen counter for 2-3 hours.
- Toast the bread: Slice bread at a diagonal into 1/2" pieces. Rub roasted garlic on each side, then bake for 5 minutes on each side at 3750F.
- Assemble the bruschetta: Top each bread slice with marinated tomatoes, a drizzle of marinade, and some fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!