ARTICHOKE: Marinated Artichoke Hearts on Toast
Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner...
Any time is a good time for this recipe!
- 2 cups unseasoned artichoke hearts - fresh (cooked) or canned in water
- 1/3 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ricotta cheese or cream cheese (your choice)
- cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- have on hand
- Rinse the artichoke hearts under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Over low heat, combine artichoke hearts, olive oil, salt, oregano, and crushed chili flakes in a non-reactive saucepan. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice. Let cool for 30 minutes. (They'll taste even better if you wait overnight.)
- Transfer extra to air-tight container and refrigerate. Keep in an air-tight container up to 2 months.
- Spread on toast 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese or cream cheese (your choice).
- Add artichoke hearts (that have been cut into smaller pieces).
- Add cut cherry tomatoes.
- Top with arugula and drizzle some Pical Extra Virgin Olive Oil.